The Verdugo Hills Archers were co-founded in 1953 by Dick Garver Sr. and Ted Ekin, Thirty Three archers attended the first meeting, and held meetings twice a month to establish a Constitution and elect officers. After three months, the Verdugo Hills Archers name was selected, and officers were elected for the first year. During the first year, indoor rounds were shot in Garvers backyard, summer and winter, Boy was it cold in the winter
The VHA then located property in the Big Tujunga Canyon for our roving range in the "wildwoods", located in the Angeles National Forrest,After 10 years, the VHA were forced to move the range to Roger Jessup Park in San Fernando Valley for a couple years. the VHA relocated to our present range in Big Tujunga Canyon on June 30th 1963.
The first club shot was held at the present range on Februay 27th 1966. Shooting fees were $1.50 for adults , $.50 for youth and $4.00 per family. the first Daze of Verdugo was held on November 5th 1967 ...By Jerry Hart Club Historian
Our fiscal year runs from march thru March. Officer elections are held in February at the regular monthly neeting